VEGETARIANISM: DAY ELEVEN

The common thought that it takes about thirty days to make something a habit.  I think that one of the major barriers to forming habit is the flip side of the coin which is boredom.  What does boredom mean when forming a habit of eating Vegetarian?  In my case, it is eating yogurt and a banana, day after day, and eating only cheese with wheat bread.  It means eating pizza or bean burritos or salads.

I read a quote this week which went something like this, “Boredom is the precursor to creativity.”  In terms of eating vegetarian, it means finding the odd food which you have heard on the morning shows or have seen on menus down at the bottom or in the corner of the menu board.  Boredom means asking what others have with no meat, which is code for, “I am a morally superior vegetarian, and I need to make everyone’s life difficult.”

I think for a vegetarian, boredom is like the absent taste of flavorful meat.  Boredom is the understanding that one will not be able to eat a real burger anymore, or fried chicken, or a thick steak, or bacon. 

I’ve heard that modern eaters have been so overloaded with flavor that they can no longer eat healthy anymore without feeling as if they have lost all flavor from their food.  Of course, I’ve also heard that most people eat their food so fast that they don’t taste their food any more.

I’m not hankering meat, but I’m getting bored of the foods that I am eating.  I think what this needs is some research for vegetarian dishes that I can easily make and taste good.

Comments

Popular Posts