VEGETARIANISM: DAY TWENTY FOUR

The last fours days have been spent in concentrating in ridding myself of a cold I had acquired from someone I worked with.  The illness had smacked me in the head, burrowed itself into my sinuses and drove me to a frantic cry, “Give me Nyquil!” and rocking myself back and forth in my arms.  The Lord blessed me with a wonderful wife who, not well herself, drove in the middle of the night to the local grocery store to find the strongest dose of Nyquil from her self-proclaimed dying husband.  She and I spent all weekend long in bed, exchanging duty of finding time to go scrounge up food to eat. 

Today, when I got my ahead of my ailment, I wondered about vegetarianism and illness and how the two might relate to each other.  Did vegetarianism aided the ailing get better?  Or did vegetarianism made becoming whole that much harder?  Is meat necessary to getting over a cold?

This seems to be the one fact that vegetarians and meat eaters to batter back and forth between each other, relying on one study or the other, poking holes in the studies cited by the other.

I myself can’t say whether eating vegetarian made the cold I suffered through any more or less tolerable.  I can say that while sick, I didn’t have any real cravings other than ice cream and coke to soothe my sore throat.  I had no desire to eat meat, namely hamburgers or chicken, while sick. 

I ate mostly grilled cheese sandwiches and French fries.  I drank large cups of Coke and vanilla shakes.  I let myself indulge in four donuts, three of them chocolate covered, and one of those, sprinkled covered.  If there is something about weakness and vegetarianism, I didn’t sense it when I lay trying to breathe through my nose.

Comments

Popular Posts