VEGETARIANISM: DAY FOUR

This morning, I was weak.  We hadn’t shopped the day before so I was operating on the pizza from the previous night and the sole bowl of brown sugar of oatmeal washed down with a cup of coffee.  I usually park somewhat far from the courthouse where I work.  Additionally, I wore one of my smaller suits and button-shirts, such that the button at the neck acted like a choker.  Add upon that the tie I was wearing, and it was any wonder that I was getting to my head.

To be sure, by the time I reached the fifth floor climbing the stairs to reach that height, I was dizzy.  Was it from a lack of protein?  I been eating a lot of carbohydrates, whether in fruit or other items containing sugar.  This was no different than what I had been eating.  I just cut out one part of the diet.  (Oddly enough, my boss made note that I was putting on weight, poking me in the stomach like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.)

I wasn’t sure where the dizziness was coming from, only that it probably had to do with my diet. 

My understanding was that carbohydrates were the fuel source of the body.  Had plenty of carbohydrates.  So by logic, I should not have been weak.  Protein, on the other hand, is the building block for muscles.  Most people who work out ingest a lot of protein to gain weight and muscle.  Accordingly, I should have lost mass.  Right?

I ate pizza again for lunch along with a glass of Pepsi.  Valerie and I went to an art opening where they served cheese, meat, crackers, and fruit.  I avoided the meat, but ate some cheese, crackers, and fruit along with pieces of Bundt cake. I have maintained the vegetarianism.

We shopped afterwards, the bulk of the food we bought being low calorie but meatless food.  Perhaps, I will start to lose the weight soon.

I think too that the mass of my body is shifting, but, of course, most of self-perception is not about a realistic view of oneself but dependent upon how one feels at the time. 

w69MA

Comments

Popular Posts